Sunday 19 February 2012

Alphonse Mucha

Alphonse Mucha, a Czech Art Nouveau artist, is best know for his beautiful lithographs and extensive ornamental bordering.  His major subjects are women and flowers, the recurring motif of nature.  I'm inspired by his simplicity and graceful flow of the composition, as well as the hidden complexity and detail.  Perhaps in my final project I'd like to integrate his themes and palette into my own series of paintings.


The theme of ambiguity could be somewhat overused, although there are many different ways to approach it.  I personally prefer something to do with the interactions of life, whether it be between living or non-living objects.  If we add them together, it could be the ambiguous relations we have in life that may or may not affect us.


Ashley

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your input on the theme. I think a lot of you are interested in interacting with the audience directly. Instead of using the word 'interaction' which will remind the public of interactive art that combines technology, I suggest 'participation'. Participatory art will be a great theme and more open for all of us. Actually, I'll repost this to make sure everyone can read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How come you're "Unknown" by the way? Change your name, Ashley...

    ReplyDelete