Monday 20 February 2012

Research

Because I will be painting (probably) a lot of animals in my portrait I decided to do some research on Robert Bateman. I've known him for a long time and he has been one of my favourite artists. Just like me, his work has TONS of details and contrast. Bateman is an Canadian painter. He does really detailed sketches of animals as well as paintings. Robert would spend time working on huge canvases. He was always interested in art, but he never intended on making a living out of it. He was fascinated by nature and as a kid he recorded the sightings of all of the birds around his house in Toronto. His paintings are extremely realistic and I think he shares many interests with me. 














1 comment:

  1. Great. You mean you'll be doing it for your final project though?

    ReplyDelete