Tuesday 21 February 2012

Tara McPherson-Adam

Tara McPherson is an artist based out of New York City. Creating art about people and their odd ways, her characters seem to exude an idealized innocence with a glimpse of hard earned wisdom in their eyes. Recalling many issues from childhood and good old life experience, she creates images that are thought provoking and seductive. People and their relationships are a central theme throughout her work. 
I've been following her work for a while, she's got a lot of buzz in the past 4 years and I have learned a lot already but feel everyone else could benefit from her.


2 comments:

  1. I get to think of Niki Sampson somehow. haha.
    So, how do you want to get inspired by these images for your final project?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definately love this work and want to thank you for sharing this....indeed I need to paint more ...do you know her medium???
      Her work also reminds me greatly of a girl/woman I worked with in my commercial animation years.. Jenn Brisson
      http://jennbrisson.blogspot.com/
      Please check out her work she is amazing :)

      Delete