Friday 17 February 2012

Hey guys

During the past few days I've discovered and fell in love with the installation pieces by Scott Sona Snibbe. Snibbe is a media artist who dabbles with interactivity and is well known for his works that call to question the relevance of people to one another. Does that make sense? A bit? Not really? Not at all? Ahh, I'll make sure to link you to his website later so you can read his artist statement.
Snibbe has some really great stuff, man. Falling Girl and Boundary Functions are two of his works that I really enjoy which incorporates participation from the public.

For my final project I'm thinking about making an interactive piece that tests the willingness of spectators to move/open/flip/touch/etc my art without being explicitly told that they are allowed to. I'm playing with the thought of making my art piece then either placing it in the pages of a large scale book or on the walls of a wooden room in the middle of the gallery. Everything is still a bit wishy washy but I know I want public interaction to play a key role in whatever I end up creating.

Anyway, here's that link I promised you: http://www.snibbe.com/
Also I'm going to go ahead and leave this video here for you to watch. The first segment is about Boundary Functions!

Oh, here's a picture of him if you're curious. He's just so casual it's amazing. I kinda love this. There's such a high amount of attractiveness in this photo I can hardly handle it.

- Irene

1 comment:

  1. You can definitely bring interactivity into your art. It's also good way to show your desire to communicate with the audience. You can often find computer- or sense-based interactive art, but there are many ways to deliver it. I'm saying it so that you keep in mind how to realise it within our time frame.

    ReplyDelete