Saturday 18 February 2012

Research...


For my final project, I don't have a firm idea yet but I know that I want to create something of mixed media or 3D because I've done a lot of paintings until now. 
While looking through a blog, I found this artist very interesting.....
http://www.bochristianlarsson.com/
Bo Christian Larsson is a Swedish artist who works mostly with large-sized drawings, installations, performances and objects. He has also published several books of his works. 
What appealed to me the most was that all his works were nothing cliche or common.  Looking though his works, I've noticed he uses a lot of shapes and lines along with some realistic aspects. I also liked his usage of colours/materials on all of his works; not too vivid, but everything fits together nicely.

Bo Christian Larrson:
"I believe that strong feelings as a result of aesthetic experience form a very important part of my creative process. The accent on feelings like fear and anxiety – these are feelings you can experience when being confronted with the direct meaning of my work."
The drawings are works on their own, but Larsson also says that "the big drawings mostly work as blueprints for the installations and performances. My installations are mostly like my drawings just in 3D and the performances are like the act of drawing just with an audience."
About his performances and installations,  
Bo Christian Larrson: "I think this is the only costume you can wear at all, it makes so little and so much with your body at the same time. No big deal. You put on the wig and you are a different person. This has always fascinated me. I have the wig in front of my eyes. I turn it around, so I can't see anything. This is a very important point in my performances, that I blind myself and have to take a look inside. I become a different person and disappear in this role." (Interview on Bavarian Radio, 24.06.2008)

And the two links below are just two stop motion animations I found while looking through the art blog. Hope you guys find them interesting. :))

The Joy of Books:
http://www.booooooom.com/2012/01/10/the-joy-of-books-stop-motion-animation/#more-33956  

Going West:
http://www.booooooom.com/2009/12/01/nz-book-council-going-west-stop-motion-animation/#more-13463

-Jenice-

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting combination of objects, and great interpretation to read formal aspects from them, Jenice. You just need to think of what you would like to talk about!

    ReplyDelete